Atvent Solutions recognizes that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our ecological footprint and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods through periodic communication, control and review. We encourage our employees, customers, suppliers and other partners to do the same.
Environmental sustainability is a core concern for Atvent Solutions in our daily operations and lowering carbon footprint is one of the best ways to be more sustainable:
Energy and Water
- We seek to reduce our energy consumption in many different initiatives.
- We use renewable energy.
- Environmental Benefits of Cloud Computing: our core business is eco-friendly within its product development and Cloud computing practices for our customers.
- Data Center: we make regular enhancements and maintenance to our Servers, HVAC, UPS and Generator to ensure optimal equipment performance and lower energy consumption.
- Lights and electrical equipment are switched off when not in use.
- We use in-row design that confines heat in a small area to reduce cooling needs.
- Cooling temperature is adjusted at 22C with proper ventilation of hot air.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products are taken into account when purchasing
- Our office uses LED Lighting.
- We use a filtered water dispenser instead of bottled water.
- Allied Properties, our landlord is committed to environmental performance and obtaining BOMA BEST certification for its historical century old Nordelec building where Atvent Solutions’ headquarter is located since 2002.
Electronic, paper and office supplies waste
- While our office is almost paperless we minimize the use of raw material, paper and office supplies
- We donate all of our used electronic equipment to a certified organization that has clean disposal and recycling practices.
- We reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We reuse and recycle all paper whenever possible and employees have access to recycling bins
- We evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We favor more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We offer complimentary coffee and mugs to our employees to avoid waste.
- We reduce our traveling as much as possible
- We always promote the alternative of reducing Traveling with Communications such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles. Our office building provides racks for bicycles, parking for car sharing, and charging stations for electric vehicles
- We favor “green” vehicles such as electric taxi and hybrid cars when travelling.
Culture, Monitoring and Improvement
- We raise awareness, encourage participation and inform our employees.
- We comply with and try to exceed all actual relevant regulatory requirements and continuously seek to improve environmental performance.
- We incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We promote our environmental culture with our customers and suppliers. We expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
- We work with the local community.
- We monitor our progress and assess the environmental impact of our operations.
- We review our environmental policy and update it periodically as needed.